These low carb chocolate dipped coconut macaroon cookies are wonderful treats with only 1g net carbs each.
- Yield: 15 macaroons 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: French
4 egg whites, room temperature
2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut, (or a 1/2 cup more of shredded coconut)
1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1 pinch salt
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/3 cup Lily’s Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips or equivalent sugar-free chocolate chips
1 tablespoon Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener, optional
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and cover a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add egg whites and salt to a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until frothy.
3. Slowly add granulated sweetener to the egg whites and beat until soft glossy peaks form.
4. Fold in shredded and flaked coconut and almond extract.
5. Use a soup spoon to scoop out the mixture and form it into rounded mounds with your hands. Place each mound back onto the parchment paper you used before. You should get 14-15 cookies out of the mixture.
6. Bake for 10 minutes at 300 degrees F.
7. Turn the heat down to 265 degrees F and bake for another 20 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and put the parchment paper, with the cookies still on it, onto a cooling rack. Cool for at least 30 minutes before dipping the cookies into chocolate.
9. Add chocolate chips to a small microwave safe bowl and microwave, in 30 second increments until fully melted, 60-90 seconds.
10. Mix in the powdered sweetener, if using, and allow the chocolate to cool down to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
11. Take each cooled cookie and dip it into the chocolate. Allow the chocolate to go about 1/4 inch up the sides of the cookies. Return the cookies to the parchment paper and put the parchment paper back onto the cookie sheet.
12. Refrigerate 15-20 minutes until chocolate has set.
- Serving Size: 1 macaroon
- Calories: 50
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 1