These cheese sticks are breaded in egg, parmesan, and coconut flour before being fried to crispy, low carb perfection. Share this:Share
- Prep Time: 40m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 50m
- Yield: 10 cheese sticks
- 5 one ounce sticks of mozzarella string cheese, halved widthwise
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or 1/2 t. each of dried basil and oregano)
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk egg with salt and pepper in a small bowl. In a separate shallow dish, combine the dry ingredients.
- Dip each piece of cheese into the egg, and then roll in the parmesan mixture to coat. Repeat this twice to form a double coating on each cheese stick.
- Place cheese sticks into a small rectangular dish or other container, and chill in the freezer for at least 25 minutes.
- Heat about half an inch of oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry cheese sticks until golden brown, about 60 to 90 seconds per side. Drain excess oil on paper towels.
- Serve alone, or with a side of low carb marinara sauce for dipping.
Each 5 stick serving comes out to about 390 kcal, 28g fat, 3g total carbs, 1.3g fiber, 1.7g net carbs, and 35g protein.