Here is a ketofied version of a normally high carb classic family dish. Great for parties, or to repurpose your holiday leftovers. CourseAppetizer, Main Course CuisineAmerican Prep Time15 minutes Cook Time35 minutes Total Time50 minutes Servings10 People Calories279kcal AuthorCjsketokitchen.com
- 10 Oz Ham
- 1/4 Cup Almond flour Blanched
- 3 Tbsp Coconut flour If you don’t have substitute with all almond flour
- 2 Oz Cream Cheese
- 4 Tbsp Butter Softened
- 1 Egg
- 1.5 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1.5 Cups Cheddar Cheese
- Yellow Mustard or Brown Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Melted butter
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Combine cream cheese and butter…microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds
- Remove from Microwave and stir ingredients together to begin forming your dough.
- Time to Add in your Dry Ingredients
- Add 3 Tbsp of coconut flour, and 1/4 cup of blanched Almond Flour. Mix in your ingredients well.
- Microwave for another 30 seconds. *use 30 second intervals until everything is soft.
- Add your egg and stir into your dough
- After mixing in your egg, carefully pour your dough onto your silicone mat or parchment paper. *Be Careful the dough will be hot!
- Begin kneading your dough to incorporate the egg and all ingredients together.
- Begin spreading your dough into a rectangle shape on your silicone mat. Use your clean hands or a silicone rolling pin.
Preparing your Pinwheel Roll
- Spread a generous amount of your choice of mustard on to your dough.
- Add Cheddar cheese (spread this out evenly over your dough)
- Lay down your slices of ham over the entire surface of your fathead dough.
- Beginning with the long edge farthest from you, start slowly rolling your dough towards you to form a cylinder. *Try and roll it tightly.
- Using a serrated knife, slice your roll into pinwheel slices.
- Place each roll on it’s edge in a greased 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish. Place the pinwheels close together. This helps them keep there shape while baking.
- Sprinkle seasoning over the pinwheels.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes….after 20 minutes check them.
- After 20 minutes check your pinwheels and then brush the tops with melted butter mixed with garlic powder (Optional Step).
- Bake for another 10 minutes. We broiled our pinwheels for the last 3 -5 minutes to make the tops crispy.
- Remove and let cool before serving.
- We found that these refrigerate very well. They are also pretty compact so they would be great for lunches. Our kids also seemed to like them.
Estimated 2 Net Carbs per serving.
Calories: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 616mg | Potassium: 128mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 10.5% | Calcium: 22.4% | Iron: 3.9%