These low carb pumpkin spice cupcakes are packed with fall
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 40m
- Serves: 12
- Yield: 12 cupcakes
- 4 large eggs, plus 1 white
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla or unflavored whey protein powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup (~250g) unsweetened pureed pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (~113g) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup keto-friendly granulated sweetener (such as Swerve or Lakanto)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare a cupcake pan by lining with paper or silicone cups, or greasing thoroughly with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and egg white. Add pumpkin, butter, and vanilla extract, and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, protein powder, spices, baking powder, sweetener, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to the pumpkin/egg mixture. Stir until no lumps remain and ingredients are well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, dividing evenly into 12 cups. Bake for 25-30 minutes in preheated oven, or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- If serving with frosting, allow cupcakes to fully cool before topping. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days, or refrigerate for up to a week.