- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 40m
- Serves: 4
- Yield: 1 skillet brownie
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 ounce chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1 ounce low carb chocolate (such as ChocZero)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 scoop Chocolate Wake Shake
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond butter
- 5 tablespoons erythritol (or other sweetener)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350F. Thoroughly grease a 6 or 6.5in cast iron skillet with coconut oil.
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, melt butter and almond butter. Add erythritol and stir regularly until sweetener is mostly dissolved (~3 minutes).
- Stir in vanilla extract and salt. Remove pan from heat, and allow to cool slightly (2-3 minutes).
- Stir in cocoa powder, almond flour, and baking powder.
- Add egg and WakeShake, and mix until well combined. Gently fold in chocolate and nuts.
- Add batter to prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until surface appears dry around the edges and center is set.