These Sausage and Cheese Drop Biscuits are made with only a few simple ingredients and easy to make!
- 1 cup self-rising flour ( I use Gold Medal brand)
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt ( I use Fage or Trader Joe’s)
- 2 eggs, divided
- 3/4 cup Jimmy Dean fully cooked turkey sausage crumbles
- 1/2 cup light cheese ( I use Trader Joe’s lite 3 cheese blend)
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour and Greek yogurt. Stir until combined.
- Using a spatula stir in 1 whole egg and mix until all ingredients have been incorporated.
- Fold in sausage crumbles and cheese.
- Using a spoon, scoop dough and drop dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat steps until 12 biscuits are formed.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 whole egg with 1 Tbsp water to make egg wash. Using a basting brush, brush the tops of the biscuits with egg wash. The egg wash helps make the tops of the biscuits lightly brown.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes or until biscuits are lightly brown.
SERVING: MAKES 12 DROP BISCUITS / 2 FREESTYLE SMARTPOINTS® EACH BISCUIT
- If you use any other brand other than what is listed, please be sure to check the points using the ww recipe builder.
Amount Per Serving:CALORIES: 79 TOTAL FAT: 2.1g SATURATED FAT: 2g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 2g CHOLESTEROL: 52mg SODIUM: 312mg CARBOHYDRATES: 8.8g FIBER: 0g SUGAR: 1g PROTEIN: 6.3gThe point values and nutritional information is estimated and figured based off the brand of ingredients I used for the recipe using the WW app and can vary depending on ingredients used.