A delicious Keto version of a comfort food classic Keto Shepherds Pie – Cottage Pie
CourseMain Course CuisineAmerican, Irish, United Kingdom Keywordketo recipes, low carb recipes Prep Time20 minutes Cook Time35 minutes Resting Time15 minutes Total Time55 minutes Servings12 people Calories427kcal AuthorCjsketokitchen.com
Shepherd’s Pie Filling
- 2 lbs Ground Beef Cooked and drained
- 3 Slices Bacon
- 14.5 oz French Style Green Beans
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp No Sugar Added Ketchup
Faux Potato Topping
- 16 Oz Cauliflower (cooked) frozen or fresh equivalent
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Garlic Puree
- 2 Tbsp Half and Half used for thinning
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded) Or cheese of choice
- Brown and draining 2 pounds of ground beef and set aside.
- Crumble 3 slices of cooked bacon (or use 1/2 cup of Bacon Crumbles)
- In a 9 X 13 inch baking dish, or equivalent sized pie pan, place cooked beef.
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees
- In a medium sauce pan melt butter on medium heat.
- When butter is melted add heavy cream. Whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer on medium low…when small bubbles form lower temp to low.
- add your tomato paste, reduced sugar ketchup and cheese to your butter and heavy cream sauce, whisking until well combined and smooth.
- Pour tomato cheese sauce over beef and stir well.
- Add your french style green beans in an even layer.
- Top the green bean layer with your bacon crumbles.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
Faux Potato Topping
- Placed cooked cauliflower in a blender or food processor. Add your 2 half and half and blend until you get a “potato” texture. Add in your 1 cup of shredded cheese and blend until smooth.
- Pour your faux potato over your other layers and spread evenly on your pie.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (checking often)
- For a golden brown crust broil for 1 to 2 minutes if desired.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before serving.
Serving Size = 100 grams or 4 Oz4 Net Carbs Per Servings.
Serving: 5oz | Calories: 427kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 328mg | Potassium: 452mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 17.4% | Vitamin C: 27.7% | Calcium: 18.9% | Iron: 12.2%