- 8 ounces silken tofu
- 1 pound plus 5 ounces sugar
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 12 ounces coconut flakes plus additional to sprinkle over cake
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 pound plus 4 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 pound soy margarine
- 1 pound powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put first 5 ingredients the bowl of a food processor and puree until thick and uniform in texture. Add last 3 ingredients and process until incorporated. Pour batter into 2 (9-inch) parchment lined cake pans that have been coated with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for about 1 hour.
- For the icing, mix ingredients until incorporated. Spread on cooled cake.