- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- 1 16 oz package frozen corn (defrosted)
- 1 8 oz box cornbread mix
- 1 cup reduced fat Mexican style cheese (shredded)
- 16 oz red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilies
- 2 small jalapeños (seeded and diced)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with nonfat cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine, cornbread mix, corn, milk, egg substitute, green chiles, jalapeños, 1/4 cup of the cheese, cumin, paprika, and salt & pepper. Mix well, then pour into baking dish.
- Place in oven and bake for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and poke all over, using a fork.
- Pour 1/2 of the enchilada sauce all over the top. Then evenly cover with the chicken. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over chicken and top with the remaining cheese.
- Return to oven, and cook for another 12-15 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is 1/8th of casserole
Each serving = 7 Points*
*based only on ingredients with an SP Freestyle valueNutrition FactsCHICKEN TAMALE CASSEROLEAmount Per ServingCalories 327Calories from Fat 68% Daily Value*Total Fat 7.6g12%Saturated Fat 1.6g8%Cholesterol 63mg21%Sodium 1087mg45%Potassium 289mg8%Total Carbohydrates 44g15%Dietary Fiber 3.4g14%Sugars 8.2gProtein 20.4g41%Calcium6%Iron11%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.